Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My old paintings 2003

I spend a lot of time practicing and practicing my art. Even at my age experimenting this something you might like to do. I like to play with the art supplies and materials to see how they interact with one another breaking the rules that I learned in college. Rules that include never used black never use white when creating watercolor paintings. I never considered myself as being an "ethnic" artist (if there is such a person) but instead I took on A persona of being an artist who happened to be born a woman who happened to be african-American. Fortunately, I had instructors that saw the art even when I could not. It was just too much a part of me.



I hundred and 40 pound watercolor paper with acrylic

Gray lady series with demensional hair painted on Masonite board



Acrylic on prepared Masonite board












Nana looking at the Moon

The color purple- I love painting backgrounds and practing dark skin tones  acrylic on board

Miesha Women
Acrylic and fabric collage 
Cash prize from Inland Empire art show

I was trying to paint a man's face but they always seem to look like women or my face. I think I was playing around with yellow background .

This was a small painting and one of my favorites. It is called "Serenity" around 5"x7" on 140 lb watercolor block with watercolor and acrylic
All of these paintings were created with professional grade art supplies. All have been sold or given away (I love trading art for goods).  I am just sharing the old to make room for the new.