Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

another birthday

Today is my birthday. I do not know how I got to be age 63 years and such a short time. My closest sister and I were the same age on the day before yesterday. In other words, we were both the same age and not twins for two days. I have other sisters, but Elaine has always been in my life since I can remember. We pretty much agree on things we agree about. Disagree on a lot of issues as far as East meeting West. Our favorite colors are the same, both of our moral compasses waiver only slightly. She loves books and working in a garden. I love art and looking at gardens.  Even in our sixties, we laugh like we did when were little girls. My sister has always been my Theo (you know who that was even you know anything about the life of Vincent Van Gogh) both on all levels.  My sister helps me to keep my mental center. I mean she really tries. She is the optimist to my pessimism. She is my secret place and where I feel safe when I am sure the boogie-man is still chasing me. She is my hero.  When I feel like I want to scream and smash something, she tells me it is OK...because all of us are a little crazy. 

Last week I saw an day time show where the host had these blogger who apparently "over shared" information on the Internet.  I have always been one to supply the world with TMI. Sorta like writing a word on a dollar bill and seeing if it comes back to me. I doubt if I will run for president of the US or seek a career change any time soon and at this point in time care one-way-or-another what I say about anything. So I will probably be "over sharing" in this blog. If you do not want to see your name in print...this will not be a hang out place for you.  I believe that art heals, but I have not picked up a brush in over a month. I am trying to stop taking anti-depressants on my own and with the encouragement of my sister. I feel as if I am going through an emotional mine (mind) field, but some art making may come out of this. I hope so. In the meantime, have a good day.