Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Retired - New Beginnings

After working almost 44 years, I decided to apply for Social Security Benefits for an early retirement. This was to be my last ditch attempt at saving my life. After years of health uncontrolled health issues I find myself wearing an oxygen apparatus and surviving with the help of kidney dialysis. Uncontrolled, because I half-heatedly listened to health care professionals, blah, blah, blah...bottom line, somethings I could and should have controlled. Someone called me "inconsistent" when I was a young person and I must have programmed myself to make what that person labeled to be as truth for me (I talk about "labels" other people put on you later).

So despite the aspect of possibly going without the basic necessities of life, it made sense to have a new life that focus on me and new life style that was better than working eight hours a day for someone else and then another hooked up to a kidney machine. BUT I am one of those folks that did not plan ahead for retirement. I guess I did not think I would reach age 62 (I did not think I should have made it to 30 years old) let alone have all this stuff (temporarily) wrong with me (to much stuff to list and I hate seeing the list anyway). I retired on February 3, 2012 from one of the best companies I have ever worked. It was difficult to leave a decent salary, wonderful health care, great friends (who treated me like real family).  The word "RETIREMENT" made me feel like a broken toy who had slipped onto the bottom of the toy chest...broke, old and outdated. In reality, I am a work in progress. Keep an eye on me. I do not know where this new journey is headed, but I am excited about the thought of blooming where Father God has planted me some 62 years ago.